Tuesday, July 5, 2011

it's all about choice.

For many years I've wanted as many choices as I could get.  Often I wasn't willing to give other people choices.  Well yes, I gave them 'choices', but it was really a list of bullet points that I came up with:
"Do you want A, B, C or none of the above.  Tell me quick, which one you want, or I'll come up with more choices."
When I gave people 'choices',it was really just a list of options.  Real freedom isn't a list of options: it is allowing the other person to tell you what it is that they need. 'Allowing' is the operative word in the previous sentence.  Most of the time I demanded a choice of the options that I gave  to other people.
In the other blog, you will still find a 'list' of options.  What you will also find in the other blog, is arguments to get you to come from my point of view.  
I still enjoy arguments, not everyone does.  If you enjoy arguments, go to the other blog.  If you want heartfelt serenity, stay here.  When I go into the 'shady space' here, I will do my best to bring 'the light' back inside.
It is not what I am accustomed to doing when I write.
This is going to be tough....

No comments:

Post a Comment