Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Esoteric Heretic

     It was Easter morning.  The Easter morning: the morning of the Easter full moon, not the Sunday that everyone celebrates as Easter. That is when I first discovered this meditation. Instead of waking to "what do I have to do."  I woke to the impulse of sending blessings and forgiveness to everyone in my life.  I started with the person in closest physical proximity to me.  That would be Oscar, he lives in the front part of my house.  He was about 50 feet away on the other side of four walls.  The blessings expanded from Oscar, to Maryanne (his daughter), to the Captain, (Maryanne's life partner) to Stormy, (my neighbor) Emma,( my other tenant), my kids, (8 miles away)  Mike and Aggie, and then (oops, I almost lost my heart focus on this one) grandma Wendy.
 "Ouch, this one was going to be difficult."
I hated Grandma Wendy.  There is no room in the heart for hatred.  I'm not sure, but I think hatred comes from the solar plexus.
"Pull up, pull up, pull up!"  I could hear myself saying  as I was meditating.  (like a pilot that sees a mountain before him, and pulls desperately back on the yoke of the plane).  Once again, I was back in my heart center.  "Whew, that was close!"
This meditation it is unconventional, compared to what I'm used to.  I'm not accustomed to meditating first from the heart, it is unfamiliar territory.
Meditation for many years proceeded in this way: relax the body, touch the heart (and we are talking a slight touch here), quiet the throat center and voilà, I'm in the ajna.
The rest was always boiler plate that you already know: triangulate the ajna, cave and crown... yada, yada, yada.
I've been doing this new meditation for about a week now.  It has really lightened things up.  "Well of course it has! Otherwise you'd still be hearing me rant and rave about some injustice that I've had to go through!"

No comments:

Post a Comment